About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something year old wife and mother. I love to cook, paint, draw and be a mom. My family is my everything.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Holiday survey

I saw this survey on my friend Cassie's site http://lifeensues.blogspot.com
I thought it would be fun and Cassie wanted to see if others woulds do it, so I am.

eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, I hate eggnog.


Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? wrap them, this will be the first year that Santa will visit our new house.

Colored lights on a tree or white? I love the look of white, but we actually have a mix of them this year.

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I get around to it.

What is your favorite holiday dish? stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my family has always exchanged our gifts with my grandma and each other on Christmas Eve. We only got Santa's presents on Christmas morning, and more recently my mom and I would wait and exchange ours.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It's got a mix of both D and I's ornaments from our own homes growing up, I also have a box of wedding ornaments we got as a gift and now a few 1st Christmas ones for Bren.

Snow: love it or hate it? love it, but I have never lived in it.

Can you ice skate? yes, I don't like it anymore though. I used to when I was in HS.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? cookies

What is your favorite holiday tradition? looking at the Christmas lights. It was before moving to where we live now, the neighborhood I lived in - Willow glen would do a special tradition. A smaller Christmas tree in the front yard with colored old fashioned bigger bulbs.
Here is a photo I found of one of the streets. When you drive around the area, almost all the houses have these trees in the front yard.



Candy canes: yum or yuck? okay, not my favorite, but I don't hate them either.

Favorite Christmas show? Charlie Brown Christmas


I hope my all my friends have a blessed holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you filled this out -- I thought it was fun!

    I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas this year, celebrating your little man's first Christmas. What an incredible gift you have been given this year!!!

    ReplyDelete