About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something year old wife and mother. I love to cook, paint, draw and be a mom. My family is my everything.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day reflections

I am sad about mother's day without my mom here, and it is supposed to be a special one for me as a first time of being a mom. We're splitting the day up with a trip to the cemetery, DH's family gig, and then dinner with my Grandma, brother and his family.


I am thrilled to be a mother and I have decided to honor my own mom, that I am making some goals as a new mom.

1. Always let my child(ren) know how much they are loved.
2. Always let my child(ren) know I am always there for them.
3. Protect my child(ren) as much as I am able to.
4. Give my child(ren) the best I can afford, this includes living in a safe neighborhood, going to school in a good district, taking them on vacations even if we go to the beach or something free like the beach.
5. Provide my child(ren) with the same values that I was raised with.


We grew up pretty poor as my father left my family when I was 3 with a lot of debt and my mom unemployed with 2 young children. It took my mom over 10 years to pay off the debt that my father charged up on the joint accounts. My mom always made sure to try her hardest to provide us with fulfilled life and not feel like we were lacking. I am so proud of my mom and I hope to be just like her.

1 comment:

  1. I missed my mom yesterday, too. I hope you had a wonderful first Mother's Day, Stephanie. I know your mom is looking down and is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete